The word ‘citrus’ has always ring a bell in our ears but with very little attention of its health benefits and nutritional value to the human body. There are more than 50 known species of citrus.
Some of which include;
- Amanatsu; The amantus is one the greatest known citrus species. The peels are naturally medicinal that it can cure chronic allergic dermatitis.
- Grapefruit; The grape fruit is known for its sour nature and semi-sweet. It is rich in Vitamin C source, contain antioxidant (lycopene) and also good for lowering cholesterol which helps to burn fat. Grapefruits are known for their high relevancies in cancer drug manufacturing.
- Lemon; Lemon has its richness in Vitamin C. The peels are used in different foods and drinks like marmalade, lemon curd. The grated outer part are used for flavor in baked foods. The leaves of lemon are used for preparing cooked meat. The juice also can be used as cleaning agents when mixed with salt or baking powder.
- Lime; It is very high in acid content than lemons. It is used as ingredients in limeade. Lime extract and oils are used in perfumes, cleaning products and aromatherapy.
- Bitter Orange; This citrus fruit is commonly found in the south eastern part of Asia. The peels of of bitter orange has been found out to be a good therapy for a weight loss program and also to control appetite.